Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back Issue Highlights: Batman Family #13, 1977

I realize, the more back issues of the seventies Batman Family I get, that it could really have been called Dick Loves Babs. A lot of it is the Boy Wonder, or I suppose Teen Wonder by that time, hitting on the Dominoed Daredoll. Issue #13 was a slam-bang full length novel that also featured Man-Bat. Here's a Dick and Babs moment I really liked.


I got my fingers crossed for those two crazy kids! Sure, that may have been a little disappointing, but at least Dick could have a rare chance at a do-over for a love confession. He might want to rethink the "big sister" line. I do like the idea that Babs is a bit older than him, it seems in recent years like her age when she started out has been pushed down progressively.

2 comments:

LissBirds said...

Awwwz. Who knew Dick Grayson was so twitterpated? I liked him better as Robin, before he got all dark (and kinda cocky) as Nightwing.

There should be more sweet moments like this in comics. One reason why I like the new Batgirl series--it has a lot of sweetness to it.

Blaze said...

Poor Dick. He had a double dose of trying to find a sincere sweetheart. Robin groupies on the one hand and golddiggers after the Wayne fortune on the other.